A specialty credit lender wanted to modernize its method of generating financial reports for automotive business partners. Terazo sought to cultivate best development practices while guiding and assisting the development of a migration strategy for an automated system that employed cloud-native microservices.
The client, a specialty lender providing consumer financing for some of the largest automotive groups in the U.S. was producing custom financial reports and had complex worksheets that had grown increasingly unmanageable. Inefficiencies in the process were preventing their business from scaling, causing the company to lose out on opportunities to maximize the loans and capital they could offer.
The Terazo team began with an extensive business discovery process, allowing the team to gain an understanding of business processes and workflow that guided creation of the financial reports. After decomposing the worksheets and mapping out data delivery, Terazo provided recommendations for an architecture and tools that leveraged Serverless AWS Cloud Services, including Lambda and Step Functions. Working in close concert with a distributed team, Terazo coached the client toward leveling up their development practices in areas such as Agile delivery, quality assurance, and security practices involving personally identifiable information, while adhering to multifaceted state and federal regulations.
Technologies & Services Utilized
Business Process Discovery
The client’s partnership with Terazo empowered the company to capture value previously left on the table. After successfully transitioning to cloud-native microservices and producing a robust proof of concept, the client was able to accelerate their production plan and adapt their future development strategies to the changing needs of a dynamic business.
Key outcomes included:
- A comprehensive foundation that provided immediate business value by maximizing the capital that the company could offer credit consumers.
- Discovery, remediation, and optimization of inconsistencies and overcomplicated calculations that were streamlined for performance.
- Production of a data-abstraction layer that maximized flexibility and scalability through our API-first approach.
- An automated data ingestion pipeline that improved data quality and reliability.
- The implementation of best practices and Agile delivery unleashed the ability of a new team of developers to achieve a rapid pace of development and enhanced communication for their distributed team.